Obagi Blue Peel:
For decades, chemical peels have been used by cosmetic surgeons to provide patients with dramatic skin rejuvenation. Unfortunately, some peels can be extremely harsh on tissues, while only providing moderate results. For this reason, patients should take caution and choose the right chemical peel for their individual needs. When looking for the best in aesthetic skin restoration, the Obagi Blue Peel should always be considered.
The Ideal Candidate for an Obagi Blue Peel:
The ideal candidate for an Obagi Blue Peel will be someone in generally good health and frustrated with the early signs of aging. A Blue Peel is perfect for patients not wanting to undergo an invasive Facelift procedure or commit to an extensive recovery period. Ideal candidates will have reasonable expectations for the treatment and be ready to commit to the necessary pre/post skin care.
The Obagi Blue Peel vs. the Obagi Blue Radiance Peel:
The Obagi Blue Peel and the Blue Radiance Peel should not be confused. These two unique peels are each specifically designed to provide different levels of correction. At the consultation appointment , it will be determined which chemical peel can best meet your individual needs.
Obagi Blue Peel:
- A “medium” depth chemical peel.
- Composed of Trichloroacetic Acid.
- Mixed with a special blue base, to slow acid penetration.
- Requires a mandatory 3-6 weeks of pre- treatment.
- Recovery will take between seven and ten days.
- Only one treatment is normally necessary.
Obagi Blue Radiance Peel:
- A “light” depth chemical peel.
- Composed of Salicylic Acid.
- Good for all skin types, including dark complexions.
- Gentle on the tissue.
- No pre- treatment is required.
- Recovery will take from four to six days.