Permanent Makeup Areola
Areola Tattoo Home Instructions
The tattoo color will appear darker in the beginning and should begin to lighten over the next few weeks. Touch ups (if needed) are usually done in 3-6 months to allow time for the pigment to settle.
- Start with light diet then progress to a regular diet
- You must take it easy for at least 24 hours
- Do not do any strenuous activity.
- Avoid straining, bending over, heavy lifting, or exercising at this time.
- DO NOT TAK ASPIRIN/IBUPROFEN-TYPE PILLS UNLESS DIRECTED BY YOUR DOCTOR!
- Take pain medication as prescribed and directed.
- Take regular or Extra-Strength Tylenol 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours as needed to lessen pain.
- DO NOT SMOKE!
- Apply antibiotic or A&D ointment and cover with gauze once a day for 2 days
- Do not pick at any of the scabs or area where the skin is peeling.
- You may wash over the incisions lightly with gentle soap and water after 24 hours. Do not let the showerhead hit the tattoo directly for about one week.
- Do not take a bath until the area is completely healed.
- You may still feel vibrations for a short time after the tattoo procedure is complete, this is normal.
Call your doctor if you have problems or concerns. Observe and call for any of the following:
- Temperature above 101
- Excessive drainage
- Increased pain that is not relieved by pain medication.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Bruising is common with this procedure. Call if it becomes excessive.
If unable to contact your Doctor in an emergency situation, to the nearest emergency room.
Please call tomorrow to schedule your post-operative appointment with your doctor (unless previously scheduled).