It is crucial to the health of your skin and success of your peel that these guidelines be followed:
- Your skin may have a light yellow tinge immediately after removal of the Melanage masque. This is temporary and will fade.
- It is imperative that you use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week. Best results will be obtained with regular daily use of such sunscreen.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to the sun should take extra precautions to guard against exposure immediately following the procedure as their skin may be more sensitive (for example use hats, sun umbrellas, and avoid direct sunlight).
- Your skin may be more red than usual after removal of the Melanage masque and for the next 7 days you apply the Vitamin A peel pads. Please avoid strenuous exercise during this time.
- Approximately 48 hours after the treatment, your skin will start to peel. This peeling will generally last 2 to 5 days. DO NOT PICK OR PULL AT THE SKIN.
- When washing your face, do not scrub, and do not use a wash cloth. Use the anti-redness foaming cleanser provided.
- Apply the anti-redness soothing balm as directed and as needed to relieve dryness, tightness, and itching.
- Wait until the peeling is complete before having any other facial procedures including facials, microdermabrasions, laser treatments, laser hair removal, Botox injections, and injectable fillers.